Sorghum, also known as Jowar is widely regarded as the “new quinoa” due to its gluten-free, whole grain goodness. The ancient grain, a member of the millet family, is experiencing a revival as people move away from refined wheat products, which are not considered healthy. Because of its high nutrient content, Jowar is a desirable grain for good health.
Here are some of the health benefits of Jowar or Sorghum:
· The 3-Deoxyanthoxyanins (3-DXA) present in Jowar may inhibit cancer tumor growth.
· It can protect against the risk of diabetes and insulin resistance.
· It is safe for people with celiac disease.
· It can help manage cholesterol levels.
· The high levels of manganese in Jowar help maintain calcium levels in your body as manganese increases calcium absorption.